Saturday, September 26, 2015

Things I'm Working On, Things I see

 
Here's a sneak peek at something I'm working on for Craftsy.  Cloudborn Fibers sent me this gorgeous yarn to design a free pattern for them on Craftsy.  The launch will be coming up later, so I'll give you a heads up when the time is closer.

Cloudborn Fibers have made this yarn in a perfect blend of baby softness and a lovely halo for the most luxurious feel.  It has great stitch definition with no splitting as you work.


 
Stunning colors that remind me of a jewelry box from Tiffany's!

 
I've designed TWO somethings that uses every bit of yarn, which makes for a good investment.

 
Something else I'm working on is a wedding blanket for my cousin.  Her colors are plum and cream and it will be a nice, generous size.  I really like how it's turning out.  I'm using my Man Cave Blanket pattern.  You can find the pattern links to my shops at the top of this page or below.

The fawn hook is from Kelli at The Clay Bean Co. on Etsy.  


And now for something completely different....I'm working on a Soup Cook Off for my church.  I'm known for putting fun things together, mostly for children at my church.  I did a Kids Cake Contest a few years ago.  Children in Sunday School made decorated cakes at home and brought them to church. I had outside judges come in and then handed out cooking prizes.  It was terrific.  

Anyhoos, I'm doing a soup contest for all ages and these are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize. I found everything for 70% off at Michael's.  Score!!  Tote bag, measuring spoons, paper napkins, blank journal and a note pad.

 
I saw these at a grocery store.  So easy to make yourself, just get a styrofoam ball and glue on the yarn.


I love this fox knitting gauge in an issue of Knit Today.  Found it in my local Joann's Fabric store.

Well, that's it.  Thanks for stopping by,
Sheila

Find me on 




Purls of Wisdom:
I find inspiration everywhere.  Outside, shops, magazines, etc.  I always take a photo as I find great color combinations in clothing, food, jewelry, plants etc.  That way, I can look at the photo later when searching for inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila! I love the "sneak peek"! Well done!
    It's nice to meet you for Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those acorns are so cute! I may have to turn them into a DIY project like you suggested! And I love your crochet hook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that yarn looks lovely, and what a cool crochet hook! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...