Friday, September 18, 2015

DIY Foxy Row Counter


Last time, I blogged about some stitch markers and row counters I made using beads and charms from old necklaces (pictured below).  Well, today I saw this cute fox in the jewelry section at Joann Fabrics and immediately saw a new row counter in my future! 


 
The fox is all one piece but wiggles, if you know what I mean.  The beads are from an old bracelet that I had.  I strung it all up with fishing line, tied it in a knot to the lobster claw clasp and pushed the excess back into the beads.  This will fit up to a US size 10.5 (6.5mm) knitting needle.

Great for crocheters too because of the lobster claw clasp.


I have one for sale in my etsy shop for $20.00.  Pricey I know, but the pieces were a bit costly.  Then you have to add in all kinds of fees and such.  If you have an online shop, you know what I mean.  Could be made much keeper with sales and/or coupons. 

Have a great weekend,
Sheila

Purls of wisdom:
For you newbies...no row counter handy?  A post it note and a pencil work just as good.  I stick one right on my pattern and count off the rows using chicken scratches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...