I've got a slew of projects surrounding "my chair"! New patterns, Christmas prezzies and photo shoots still to do. I'm working on a new pattern.....Boyfriend Beanie and Arm Warmers set,
...a scarf pattern using one skein of yarn in 3 or 4 different weights. One skein of Artyarns (above),
One skein of Mizzrahi chunky weight,
and one skein of Red Heart Boutique. Same pattern, different weight yarn and only one skein for each scarf. Perfect for the costly, yet oh so yummy, Artyarn skeins in your stash.
I'm also working on a boyfriend blanket. Not MY boyfriend!!! My daughter is seeing a great guy from Michigan. He is a big Detroit Lions fan, so he is getting an afghan in team colors! I've GOT to get that finished by this weekend.
I've finished another Sockhead Hat using one skein of Fiesta Baby Boom in Cedar Crest. You might have to check back after the holidays to get that yarn. I see they are sold out of many lines. Here's the link to my Ravelry project page for the pattern link. Not the greatest pic. The yarn colors are very rich, as are all the Baby Boom colors are.
I've also been working on Blanket Scarves. I know you have seen them all over Pinterest.
I adore them. So chic and ever so cozy. Get yourself some flannel fabric. I found some on sale at Joann's Fabric for $4.99 a yard. Look in the flannel section AND the shirting section. You need anywhere from 1 1/2 yards to 2 1/2 yards. As the saying goes....go big or go home! If you're fluffy like me, try 2 to 2/12 yards. My petite daughter likes the 1 1/2 yard size. All you do is pick out the edges,
one or two strings at a time. That's it!
I used a pointy size 1 knitting needle to help them along. I'm sorry I don't have photos on a live model.....working on that too!
I hope to see you next week with new patterns!
When you are working on something in the round that starts with one or two inches of ribbing, I like to do the rib section back and forth as you do on straight needles. After that section is complete, I join and then start knitting in the round. When the project is complete, I just seam up the rib section with the cast on tail. Doing it this way is so much easier to join without fear of twisting your cast on edge.