Saturday, November 3, 2012

Charmed Hitchhiker

I found this great pattern on Ravelry by Martina Behm.  An easy pattern with spectacular results!  I used a worsted weight yarn...Queensland Rustic Tweed in color #916 that I found this summer in a lovely shop, The Woolie Ewe located in Plano, Texas. Wonderful shop owner who offered to cake the yarn for me!  Larger needles, US size 7 32" circulars give it great shape and size.
I added the charms, so beware, the instructions for that are not in her pattern.  I wish I would have taken a close up on those.  I found them on clearance at Hobby Lobby and attached them with a small crochet hook as I knitted up to that point.  The weight of the charms helps the points stay "pointy", which is great if you don't like blocking!

I ran out of Queensland yarn, but wanted to finish my last point, so I just added two rows of black.  It does not show too well in the picture, but it really takes it to another level!

I love all of Martina's designs, so be sure to pop over to see her!

Best,
Sheila

5 comments:

  1. I love it with the charms, you are clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved it so much, I'm making one in cream!

      Delete
  2. ooooh, it's beautiful! I wish you did have a close up photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO! Find it here

      http://www.craftsy.com/project/view/charmed-hitchhiker/59677

      Sheila

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...